Android-powered OUYA Video Game Console project is on Kickstarter. The OUYA kickstarter is the biggest and fastest growing kickstarter campaign in history, raising more than $2.5 million in 24 hours and already topping $5 million dollars in pledges.
Brings a whole new experience to gamers everywhere. OUYA is a new game console for the TV, powered by Android. All games for OUYA will be free to try. The console itself will be inexpenssive so consumers can all have one without draining their pockets. It’s easy to root (and rooting won’t void your warranty). Everything opens with standard screws. Hardware hackers can create their own peripherals, and connect via USB or Bluetooth. The company even says if you want their hardware deisgn to let them know and they may even give it to you. You can even watch Twitch.TV on your OUYA. Because it’s developed by Android any app developer could publish their Android app to OUYA.
- Tegra3 quad-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal flash storage
- HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth LE 4.0
- USB 2.0 (one)
- Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
- Android 4.0
- ETHERNET! (Announced by Muffi 7/18)
If you want to see this amazing new console made and sold for you and your friends to enjoy, please donate to the cause. This fundraiser ends August 9th, 2012 so hurry and get those donations in. And don’t worry, with your donation you will get a reward.
PLEDGE and REWARD
- $10 or more– Reserve your username
- $25 or more– Reserve your username, plus get a FOUNDER EMBLEM forever emblazoned next to your username.
- $95 or more– GET AN OUYA: console and controller. Plus the rewards above. This is for early birds — we can only offer a limited number at this price. (We have to ask you to add $20 for shipping outside the U.S.) Please add $30 if you want a second controller
- $99 or more– GET AN OUYA: console and controller. Guarantee we will have one available for you, before it gets to stores. Plus the rewards above. We’re figuring out how many we can make! (We have to ask you to add $20 for shipping outside the U.S.) Please add $30 if you want a second controller
- $225 or more– Kickstarter exclusive. Reserve an OUYA plus two controllers — each with your username ETCHED into it, so they’re uniquely yours. (Same shipping costs, and you also get to reserve your username and get a founder emblem.)
- $699 or more– Developer Special. A first-run OUYA (already rooted so you can just get going), EARLY SDK ACCESS, an extra controller, and we’ll help you get started. We’ll also help you promote your game for ONE YEAR, and your games will be marked with a FOUNDER EMBLEM.
- $1,337 or more– Elite Developer Special. You receive the Developer Special plus the email equivalent of a hotline into OUYA—a closely guarded email address that gives you direct access to our team and priority handling. But wait, there’s more: YOU AND A FRIEND ARE INVITED TO THE OUYA LAUNCH PARTY in Los Angeles. Warm up those biceps because you’ll be lifting a serious gift bag packed with goodies we’re keeping secret until the party.
- $5,000 or more– For the designer’s designer. WE’LL PUT YOU UP IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR A DAY WITH YVES BEHAR. Hang with Yves and his team at fuseproject, discuss the creation and development of OUYA (of course we’ll give you one when they’re ready), and spend time within a community of extraordinary product designers
- $10,000 or more– The Angel List. The entire first production run of consoles will have YOUR USERNAME and BACKER NUMBER ENGRAVED INTO IT (and of course you’ll get one). We’ll invite you and a friend to a private dinner before our launch party with our inner circle of game developers and designers. And, of course, we’ll love you forever.
For more information on the kickstarter go to http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-video-game-console.